If your neighborhood had to be evacuated because of a hazardous material leak, how would you find out about it? If there were an Amber Alert issued for a missing child near your home, would you want to be notified?
Montgomery County’s Regional Dispatch Center now has the Everbridge® Emergency Notification System for just such situations. This high-speed messaging system can deliver 60,000 emergency notifications per hour.
If your phone number is listed in the white pages of the telephone directory, you are already included in the database to receive Everbridge® messages. However, businesses and residents with cell phones or non-listed numbers need to register in order to receive Everbridge® emergency notifications.
There are many reasons to register:
- You want your cell phone called as well as your home number
- You want to provide a work phone as a back-up to your home phone
- You want to provide a caregiver’s number
- You’ve recently moved, but kept your old phone number
- You have changed your phone number in the past six months
- You use a TDD/TTY
- You would like to be notified about emergencies in a different area (e.g., you would like your work phone called if there is an emergency near your childrens’ school)
- You want to provide a number to be notified for incidents affecting your business
Perhaps the most important reason to register is if you, like many people, no longer have a traditional landline phone. If you use a cell phone, Voice Over Internet Protocol (VOIP), or other similar system as your primary phone, YOU NEED TO REGISTER.
How do I Register for Everbridge®?
Click here to register for Everbridge® on-line. If you do not have a computer at home, you can use a computer at no charge at any Dayton Metro Library branch to register at:
This registration process is for addresses anywhere within Montgomery County, Ohio. Any information you enter, and the system itself, are used only for emergency notification purposes. You will not receive non-emergency calls as a result of signing up for this system.