Montgomery County, Ohio
Get Acrobat Reader Get QuickTime Player Get Acrobat Reader Site Map

 Frequenty Asked Questions

1.    How do I pay my taxes?

       There are several payment options available: cash, money order, check, electronic check, or credit card.  Please click here for details about payment options.

2.     How do I change the mailing address on my tax bill?

Download and complete the Change of Address form and mail or fax it to:

Carolyn Rice, Treasurer
Attn:  Customer Service
451 West Third Street
Dayton, Ohio 45422-1475 
FAX 937-496-7652.

3.     What if I overpay my taxes?

        If you have overpaid your taxes, please visit the refund information page or call Customer Service at 937-225-4010 x107. 

4.     What if my taxes are late?

        If your property taxes are past due, you will be assessed penalties and interest as required by the Ohio Revised Code. If your taxes are more than one year past due, your property could be subject to a tax foreclosure or a tax lien sale. 

Please call 937-225-4010 Option 2 to discuss possible payment options.

5.    What is the Homestead Reduction Program?

        The Homestead Reduction Program is available to any property owner over the age of 65 or totally and permanently disabled.  Additionally, only owner occupied properties are eligible for the reduction.  For more details please follow this here.

Copyright © 2008, Montgomery County, Ohio
WebGen 3.2 Powered by Revize from Idetix