Effective July 1st 2009 House Bill 525 went into effect. This new law (ORC 317.114) creates standardization guidelines for all recorded documents recorded in the Recorder's Office. This law does not apply to:
- Any document from any court or taxing authority:
- Any state or federal document;
- Any document executed before the effective date of this law;
The GUIDELINES ARE AS FOLLOWED:
- Computer font size of at least 10 point;
- Minimum paper size - 81/2 x 11, Maximum paper size - 81/2 x 14;
- Black or Blue ink ONLY;
- No use of highlighting;
- Margins of 1 inch on each side of the page and on the bottom;
- 3 inch margin on the top of the first page, reserved for recorder, auditor & engineer;
- 11/2 margin on the top of each of the remaining pages.
If a document signed does not conform to these guidelines, an additional recording fee of $20.00 will be collected.