Judge Nick Kuntz
|Judge Anthony Capizzi|
303 W. Second Street
Dayton, OH 45422
Phone: (937) 496-7908
Fax: (937) 496-7756
We are a Court of law dedicated to the task of upholding the Constitution and administering the laws of our land in a just and equal manner. We must strive to provide individualized justice for our children and protect our community, carefully balancing the interests of both. We believe there must be consequences for violation of the laws and that treatment begins with legal consequences. These consequences are intended to teach one responsibility and accountability for their actions; yet our goal is not to punish but to rehabilitate whenever rehabilitation can be effected without endangering the community.
We are a Juvenile Court, and although protecting children is everyone's responsibility, we must be the catalyst in rallying the entire community toward that end through the following:
- Be a leader in the effective and cost-efficient utilization of community resources for the treatment of children and families;
- Provide for the protection of the community through just and speedy consequences;
Be sensitive and responsive to individual victims and their families;
- Provide individualized justice for the offenders;
- Protect the abandoned, neglected and abused and assess and seek treatment for children in need;
- Hold those accountable who fail to meet their obligations as parents, guardians or custodians;
- Demand high professional standards for ourselves and make every effort possible to demand the same standards from other government agencies and service providers.