• Forms
  • Departments
  • FAQ's
  • Citizen's Guide
  • Parent Seminar Registration
  • Map / Directions / Parking
  • Telephone Directory
  • Court Holidays
  • Glossary of Terms
  • Job Openings
  • Local Rules
  • Annual Report
  • Links
  • Updates
  • In the News



    The guidelines and forms below are provided for the convenience of residents of Montgomery County, Ohio. The guidelines and forms below require the Adobe Acrobat Reader.

    To download a free copy, visit www.adobe.com .  These forms can be completed online and then printed out.  NOTE ON PDF FORMS:  These forms cannot be saved with the information you input using the free Adobe Acrobat Reader product.  If you complete a form using only Adobe Acrobat Reader,  make sure to print it out immediately before leaving the form or you will lose your information.

    All pleadings, motions and other filings shall comply, in form and content, with the Ohio Rules of Civil Procedure www.supremecourt.ohio.gov/LegalResources/Rules/civil/CivilProcedure.pdf) and Montgomery County Local Rules (www.mcohio.org/dr). Pro se litigants shall submit their documents to the Court's Public Coordinator(PC) to ensure compliance with the above referenced Rules as to form and content only. Members of the Court's staff are not permitted to provide legal advice.

    Mont. D.R. Rule 4.08 provides guidance as to the form of pleadings. Mont. D.R. Rule 4.09 provides a listing of required documents for various pleadings.

    The following forms have been approved by this Court. Additional forms, approved by the Ohio Supreme Court, may be found at www.supremecourt.ohio.gov/JCS/CFC/DRForms. Either set of forms will be accepted for filing by this Court.

    When all paperwork is properly completed, signed and notarized, bring or send your documents to the Public Coordinator located at the Domestic Relations Court, 301 West Third Street, Second Floor, Dayton, Ohio 45422.  The court will review the documents.  If there are corrections,  you will be notified by letter what corrections are needed.  Please include a phone number where you may be reached in regards to your paperwork.


    In original filings or post decree filings the following documents shall also be filed by each party as set forth below:

     A. Complaint for Divorce/Legal Separation Without Children:

    B. Complaint for Annulment:

    C. Complaint for Divorce/Legal Separation With Children

         The following are required at least 14 days prior to the final hearing:

    D. Petition for Dissolution Without Children:

    E. Petition for Dissolution With Children:

         The following are required at least 14 days prior to the final hearing

     F. Answer To Complaint Without Children

    G. Answer To Complaint With Children

    H. Counterclaim To Divorce

    I.  Petition to Register Foreign Order

     J. Post decree Motion Requesting Modification of Child or Spousal Support:

    K.  Post Decree Motion Requesting Reallocation of Parental Rights and Responsibilities:

    L.  Post Decree Motion to Modify Parenting Time:

    M.  Post Decree Motion to Show Cause(Contempt):

    N.  Post Decree Motion for Shared Parenting

    O.  Agreed Entry - General

    P.  Agreed Entry - Shared Parenting

    Q.  Agreed Entry - Parenting Plan

    R.  Miscellaneous Domestic Relations Forms

    S.  Domestic Violence Guidelines and Forms

    T.  Parenting Education Department Forms