To qualify to vote, you must be:
- A US citizen and 18 years old on or before the next general election;
- A resident of Ohio for at least 30 days immediately before election day;
- Registered to vote at least 30 days before election day.
- You are not incarcerated for a felony conviction.
- You have not been declared incompetent for voting purposes by a probate court.
- You have not been permanently disenfranchised for violations of election laws.
- NOTICE: Your registration or change of address must be received or postmarked 30 days before the election. We will notify you of your polling location.
If you register by mail and do not provide either a current Ohio driver's license number or the last four digits of your Social Security number, please enclose with your application a copy of one of the following forms of identification that shows your name and current address:
- Current valid photo identification card, military identification
- Current (with in one year) utility bill, bank statement, paycheck, government check or government document (except board of elections notifications) showing your name and current address.
Registering in PERSON
You must provide either a current valid Ohio driver's license, or the last four digits of your social security number on line 10. If you have neither, please write “None”.
Your voting residence is your permanent, not temporary residence. It is the address to which, whenever you are absent, you intend to return. If you do not have a fixed place of residence you may use a shelter or location as your residential address.
Please mail to:
Montgomery County Board of Elections
451 W. Third Street
Dayton, Ohio 45422