Get a Front Row Seat to Democracy in Action!
The Montgomery County Board of Elections can offer you that opportunity. The Board hires approximately 1,640 dedicated, community-minded individuals as Precinct Election Officials to staff and operate the polling locations.
Election Day Precinct Election Officials work hard to ensure their neighbors can vote with ease, while helping to safeguard the process so all Ohioans can have confidence in the results.
Am I eligible?
Yes, if you are:
- A registered voter in Montgomery County.
- Enjoy working with people.
- Willing to attend a training session
- Available for current or future elections.
What do I have to do?
- Attend a two hour training class
- Report to Polling Location assigned from 5:45 a.m. and serve until all duties are completed after the closing of the polls.
- Voting Location Managers must pick up election supplies at the Board of Elections prior to Election Day.
- Prepare the Polling Location.
- Verify Voter eligibility.
- Process Voters.
- Issue ballots to Voters.
- Dismantle voting machines and pack up all supplies after the polls close at 7:30 p.m.
Where will I work?
Public and private facilities such as schools, township halls, libraries and churches are used as Polling Locations.
Every effort is made to place you at a convenient location.
How much will I be paid? $$$
|Voting Location Managers||$25||$120|
|Precinct Election Officials||$25||$105|
Taxes will not be deducted and no NW-2 form will be issued as long as you make less than $600 per year as a Precinct Election Official.