VA can help veterans with service-connected disabilities prepare for, find and keep suitable employment. For veterans with serious service-connected disabilities, VA also offers services to improve their ability to live as independently as possible. Some of the services VA provides are:
- Job Search: Assistance in finding and maintaining suitable employment.
- Vocational Evaluation: An evaluation of abilities, skills, interests, and needs.
- Career Exploration: Vocational counseling and planning.
- Vocational Training: If needed, training such as on-the-job and non-paid work experience.
- Education Training: If needed, education training to accomplish the rehabilitation goal.
- Rehabilitation Service: Supportive rehabilitation and counseling services.
Time Limits: You generally have 12 years from the date VA informs you in writing that you have at least a 10% rating for a service-connected disability.