The County Administrator is the chief operating officer for the County. This position reports directly to the County Commissioners and is responsible for the day to day operations of county government. Department directors for Environmental Services, Administrative Services, Community and Economic Development, Job and Family Services, Family and Children First, Stillwater Center and Office of Management and Budget all report to the County Administrator.
Montgomery County Administrator:
Michael B. Colbert
Phone: (937) 225-5657
To improve: the health, safety and welfare of our citizens, the strength of our economy and the quality of our environment.
Our Operating Principles
Teamwork: we collaborate, share resources and problem-solve together.
Integrity: our actions follow our words.
Commitment: we have a strong sense of ownership and we are all responsible for outcomes.
Excellence: we are proud of our quality services and our continuous improvement efforts.
Innovation: we are open to new ideas and methods of providing service.
Mutual respect: we display positive regard through the acceptance of differences and value the ideas and cultures of others.
Our Management Philosophy
- Public Service Focus: we must always remember that we are in existence to deliver quality public services that enhance the quality of life in our community
- Performance: we must constantly strive for excellence and high standards by challenging old methods and offering creative solutions
- Our People: We must value the commitment, knowledge and creativity of our employees. Employees work best when they have:
- A shared sense of purpose
- A common set of principles
- A voice based on an abundance of information
- An opportunity to generate and share new knowledge
Montgomery County is a nationally recognized leader in all of the services that we provide.
Montgomery County is a preferred employer, diverse in its workforce, accepting of differences, where individuals can reach their maximum potential.