We are lucky to have volunteers that come in and help us take care of the cats and dogs in the shelter. Each month, our volunteers give us approximately 500 hours of service!
We welcome new volunteers!
Children must be 12 years old to volunteer in the shelter. Children 12 to 15 must be accompanied and supervised by a parent at all times while in the shelter. Children from age 16-18 may volunteer without a parent after attending the orientation, training and initial period of coming to the shelter. If you are under the age of 18, your parent or guardian must accompany you to the orientation, training and sign a waiver of liability form.
For more information on our next volunteer orientation session and to register, please call (937) 264-3327 or come to the Animal Resource Center. Orientation sessions are held at the Animal Resource Center at 6790 Webster St, Dayton, Ohio, 45414.
- Rubbing Alcohol
- Distilled Water
- Gallon jugs of bleach - regular only, no scented, please
- Nylabone & Kong Brand Chew Toys
- Rope Chews (All Sizes)
- Ziploc Bags (sandwich, quart, & gallon sizes)
- Anti-bacterial hand gel
- Hot dogs (for giving medication to dogs)
- Paper towels
- Color construction paper and holiday stickers
- Fabric (for dog scarves)
- Oatmeal-based dog and puppy shampoo; and flea and tick shampoo for dogs and puppies
- Plastic Storage Containers with lids
- Colored LaserJet Paper (8 1/2 x 11)
- Dog treats/biscuits
- Dish Soap
- Towels, Comforters and Quilts
- Kleenex Tissues
- 9-volt, AA, AAA batteries
- Photo printer paper
- Sharpie markers
- Dog houses (igloo type or wood)
- Animal crates/carriers
- Canned dog and cat food
- 10'x10' EZ-UP style tent
- Plastic folding table (2x4, 2x6 or 2x8)
- Standing "Work Light" set
Visit our Amazon Wish List
Leave the shopping to us! We will use your cash donations for the benefit of our animals! All donations are tax deductible to the extent allowed by law. Thank you for your support!
Montgomery County Animal Resource Center
6790 Webster Street
Dayton, OH 45414