All dogs over the age of three months are required to be licensed. Licenses can be purchased throughout the year at the following locations:
Auditor's Office: Lobby of County Building
451 West Third Street
Dayton, OH 45422
Purchase Dog License
Montgomery County Animal Resource Center
6790 Webster St.
Dayton, OH 45414
Benefits of Dog Licensing
- A Montgomery County license can be traced 24 hours a day, 365 a year from a link with the Montgomery County Auditor
- A license distinguishes a lost dog from a stray dog. Strangers are more apt to extend themselves to licensed pet.
- Provides legal proof of ownership
- Licensed dogs are eligible for the Vacation Registration Program.
- Licensed dogs, by law, are housed at the Shelter 14 days before becoming the property of the county.
- Revenue from licensing is the Animal Shelter's major source of funding.
A Kennel License can be obtained for $100 from the County Building at 451 West 3rd Street. Kennel Licenses are not available from any other dog license-selling locations. Those who purchase a Kennel License must also purchase a Vendor's License for the intent to sell breeding stock.
IT'S THE LAW!