We are committed to place our adoptable pets in loving, lasting, and responsible homes.
We will assist and work with our adopters, recognizing that not all adoptions will be successful. We are available to provide any assistance, information, or help that we can in hopes of making each adoption a lasting success.
Whether or not you find your new pet at the shelter, we are available to assist you. Email us at AnimalShelter@mcohio.org or call us at (937)898-4457 with any questions or concerns.
OUR ADOPTION PROCESS
- You will greet and meet our adoption pets with the assistance of a staff member.
- See adoptable pets from all over our area and the nation by clicking www.Petharbor.com
- Ask your questions; work with our adoption counselors
- If you make a selection, you will be asked to complete our Adopter Survey and review and sign our Pet Adoption Agreement
We're currently running an adoption special! All adoptions are now only $20!
Kittens - $65
Cats - $65
Puppies - 5 Months and Younger - $165.00 (includes license)
Dogs older than 5 months - $140.00 (includes license)
Special pricing on Senior and Purebreds still applies.
(Special prices include spay/neuter and vaccinations)
Please stop by the Animal Resource Center as we frequently run adoption specials
Shelter: (937) 898-4457
6790 Webster Street | Dayton, OH 45414
10 am - 6 pm, Monday-Friday
10 am - 4 pm, Saturday
11 am - 1 pm, Sundays & Holidays*
*Sundays and holidays for lost and found searches ONLY. During these special hours, we can only accept cash (with exact change), checks, MasterCard or Visa, and proper ID is required.
PLUS: After adoption assistance with training and behavior issues for dogs.
ALL ANIMALS ADOPTED ARE SPAYED OR NEUTERED BEFORE GOING HOME
Things to Know Before You Visit...
- Plan to come at least an hour or more before closing. It takes time select your new best friend and several minutes fill out the necessary paperwork and process an adoption.
- The shelter is generally very crowded between 4-6 pm on weekdays and 2-4 pm on Saturday's so please be patient as you may have to wait to see the dog you've chosen. Plan to come in early and allow a little extra time to fill out the necessary paperwork.
- Bring all family members along to meet the dog you are considering for adoption---this includes kids. Your new dog will be part of the family and we want to make sure it gets along well with everyone who lives in the household.
- Once you have decided on a dog, we will also ask you to bring in any existing dogs you have in the home to meet the new dog before finalizing your adoption. We have several "get acquainted areas" where the dogs can meet.
- Bring your wallet and a photo ID! We accept cash, checks, Visa or Mastercard.
- If you rent, bring along your landlord's phone number or a copy of your lease showing that dogs are permitted and any breed or weight restrictions.
- You can also download our adopter survey and fill it out before you come.
IT IS UNDERSTOOD AND I AGREE TO THE FOLLOWING:
- A veterinarian of my choice will examine my new pet within fifteen (15) days of the adoption date.
- I am financially responsible for any veterinary care and/or treatment expenses. The Animal Resource Center assumes no financial liability for any medical/care expenses I choose to incur.
- Return Policy: I may return my pet for any reason without customary release charges during the first 30 days. If the above cited agreements have been met, I may choose to have my monies refunded (an approx. 45 day process) or I may opt to select another pet within one year from the date of the return. THE ANIMAL RESOURCE CENTER RESERVES THE RIGHT TO ISSUE A MONETARY REFUND IN LIEU OF APPROVING ANOTHER ADOPTION.
In addition to all of the above, I, the undersigned do declare that I am aware: 1) that animals are different from human beings in their response to human actions; 2) that the actions of animals are often unpredictable; and 3) that Montgomery County makes no claims or representations as to the possession of this animal; and 4) I release and waive any right against Montgomery County which I may have now or in the future for any damages to person or property by this animal.
We invite you to attend our Adopters' Workshop as often as you want for as long as you want. The Workshop is held the 1st and 3rd Wednesdays of every month. Call us for details and to sign up (898-4457).
PET FRIENDLY APARTMENTS
Search for "Pet Friendly" Apartments at the links below:
Apartment List - https://www.apartmentlist.com/oh/dayton
Zillow Montgomery County, OH - http://www.zillow.com/montgomery-county-oh/apartments/
HotPads Montgomery County, OH - http://hotpads.com/search/county/OH/Montgomery